Skip to Content

Quick response limits fire damage to Ririe home


RIRIE, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK)-Central Fire District Chief Carl Anderson credits the early alert of a smoke alarm for limiting the damage from a Ririe area home fire Saturday.

The district sent two fire trucks and a water tender to a report of smoke in the kitchen at 248 N 4700 E at 7:43 a.m. Firefighters found burning and charring behind a propane furnace and active burning above the furnace in the celing.

There was also fire in the wall of a closet in the homeowner's bedroom, which was a common wall with the furnace room.

Anderson said the homeowner smelled smoke in the morning before the smoke detectors sounded.

Total damage was estimated at $15,000. The fire was blamed on a faulty furnace.

Article Topic Follows: Top Stories
central fire district
Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content