Skip to Content

6th annual Bill Parrish family memorial tribute 3-on-3 basketball tournament

Basketball players big and small came out to play for a cause in Pocatello. The Bill Parrish family memorial tribute three-on-three basketball tournament tipped off today.

It’s a fundraiser event that raises money for carbon monoxide detectors. In 2014, Bill Parrish, his wife, Ross Parrish, and their two young children, Keegan and Liam, died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a leak inside their home.

Extended family and friends of the Parrish family hope this event will spread awareness of dangerous carbon monoxide poisoning.

“We took the initiative to try to raise money so that we could create a way to fund a way to get carbon monoxide detectors in other people’s homes,” said Carri Parrish Curtis, Bill Parish’s sister.

After their deaths, the NoCo Foundation was formed. Over the past six years, it has given out more than 800 carbon monoxide detectors

Every year, at least 430 people die in the U.S. from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. Approximately 50,000 people in the U.S. visit the emergency department each year due to accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content