A cold front is approaching for this weekend. Before the cold front arrives Sunday, we'll see gusty winds and warmer temps for Saturday, along with a few thunderstorms. The National Weather Service has issued a High Wind Warning for Lemhi County, and a Wind Advisory for portions of eastern Idaho
Tonight: Areas of haze with lows into the lower 50's. Wind gusts around 15 MPH.
Saturday: Gusty winds with a risk of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 80°. Wind gusts at 30-50 MPH
Sunday: Rain and snow showers, highs into the 50's and 60's, with gusty winds.
HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM TO 9 PM MDT SATURDAY…
- WHAT…Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph
- WHERE…Shoup, Bannock Pass, Highway 28 Tendoy to Lone Pine,
Highway 93 Lost Trail Pass to Gibbonsville, Lemhi Pass, and
- WHEN…From 9 AM to 9 PM MDT Saturday.
- IMPACTS…Damaging winds will blow down trees and power lines.
Widespread power outages are expected. Travel will be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around
trees and branches. Fasten loose objects or shelter objects in
a safe location prior to the onset of winds. Use caution if you
WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 9 PM MDT SATURDAY…
- WHAT…Southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph
- WHERE…Mud Lake, INL, Craters of the Moon NM, Idaho Falls,
Rexburg, St. Anthony, Dubois, Spencer, Edie School, Small, Howe,
Arco, Mackay, Chilly, Borah Peak, Challis, Clayton, and Copper
- WHEN…From noon to 9 PM MDT Saturday.
- IMPACTS…Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Areas of blowing dust are possible.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.