SOUTHEAST IDAHO (KIFI/KIDK) - Eastern Idaho Public Health has confirmed another death associated with COVID-19.
The individual was a male in his 70s from Teton County.
This brings the total to 36 deaths due to COVID-19 in the health district.
Out of respect to these individuals’ families, no additional details will be released.
Southeastern Idaho Public Health has reported 35 deaths in its health district.
As of Wednesday, there are 546 total recorded deaths in the state.
State officials say deaths by age group breaks down as follows:
- 1 person died between the ages of 18 and 29
- 2 people died between the ages of 30 and 39
- 12 people died between the ages of 40 to 49
- 19 people who died were between the ages of 50 to 59
- 73 people were between the ages of 60 and 69
- 142 people were between the ages of 70 and 79
- 296 people were 80+
95.05% of deaths with known race were White. 0.73% of deaths with known race were Asian. 0.73% of deaths with known race were Black or African American, 1.65% American Indian/Alaska Native and 1.83% were "Other race/multiple races." The race category for 1 death is pending.
86.97% of deaths with known race were Non-Hispanic. 13.03% of deaths with known ethnicity were Hispanic. The ethnicity for 1 death is pending.