EAST IDAHO (KIFI/KIDK) - Eastern Idaho Public Health has confirmed five more deaths associated with COVID-19.
All five individuals were from Bonneville County. There were two males and two females in their 80s and a female in her 60s.
This brings the total deaths to 48 in the health district.
Out of respect to these individuals’ families, no additional details will be released.
Southeastern Idaho Public Health has reported 42 deaths in its health district.
As of Tuesday, there are 585 total recorded deaths in the state.
State officials say deaths by age group breaks down as follows:
- 1 person died between the ages of 18 and 29
- 4 people died between the ages of 30 and 39
- 13 people died between the ages of 40 to 49
- 22 people who died were between the ages of 50 to 59
- 81 people were between the ages of 60 and 69
- 148 people were between the ages of 70 and 79
- 316 people were 80+
94.63% of deaths with known race were White. 0.69% of deaths with known race were Asian. 0.87% of deaths with known race were Black or African American, 1.73% American Indian/Alaska Native and 2.08% were "Other race/multiple races." The race category for 8 death is pending.
86.48% of deaths with known race were Non-Hispanic. 13.52% of deaths with known ethnicity were Hispanic. The ethnicity for 8 death is pending.