IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI) - Idaho gas prices have fallen 2.6 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.52/g Monday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 802 stations in Idaho.
Gas prices in Idaho are 7.0 cents per gallon lower than a month ago and stand $1.32/g higher than a year ago.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Idaho is priced at $3.17/g today while the most expensive is $4.09/g, a difference of 92.0 cents per gallon.
Historical gasoline prices in Idaho and the national average going back 10 years:
- January 17, 2021: $2.20/g (U.S. Average: $2.38/g)
- January 17, 2020: $2.61/g (U.S. Average: $2.55/g)
- January 17, 2019: $2.47/g (U.S. Average: $2.25/g)
- January 17, 2018: $2.54/g (U.S. Average: $2.55/g)
- January 17, 2017: $2.34/g (U.S. Average: $2.33/g)
- January 17, 2016: $2.08/g (U.S. Average: $1.90/g)
- January 17, 2015: $1.88/g (U.S. Average: $2.07/g)
- January 17, 2014: $3.15/g (U.S. Average: $3.29/g)
- January 17, 2013: $2.95/g (U.S. Average: $3.29/g)
- January 17, 2012: $3.04/g (U.S. Average: $3.38/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
- Montana- $3.36/g, down 0.9 cents per gallon from last week's $3.37/g.
- Boise- $3.59/g, down 3.6 cents per gallon from last week's $3.63/g.
- Spokane- $3.61/g, up 9.1 cents per gallon from last week's $3.51/g.
The national average price of gasoline has risen 0.8 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.31/g today. The national average is down 0.7 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands 92.8 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
"Average gas prices saw a slight boost over the last week as the rising price of crude oil continues to push prices up. While the rise was fairly tame, some states still saw slight declines. Gasoline demand, aside from motorists filling up ahead of the weekend winter storm, has been lackluster. The real pain at the pump will start in about 4-6 weeks," said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy. "Oil prices continue to edge higher as oil production remains a concern due to unrest in Libya and Kazakhstan, however, some improvement in the latter situation could lead to oil prices being more subdued."
You can find the lowest gas prices in the area HERE.