Skip to Content

Police Respond To 2-Car Accident On Hwy 20

Troopers responded to a 2-car accident near mile post 282 on Highway 20, Idaho State Police said.

According to State Troopers on the scene, 63-year-old Kathleen Storms, a passenger of a gray minivan involved in the accident was airlifted to EIRMC Hospital with injuries.

Police said the 40-year-old female driver of the minivan was attempting to pass a pickup truck towing a horse trailer. At some point during the maneuver, the truck attempted to pass yet another vehicle up ahead. Police said the truck was having trouble passing and returned to its own lane. That’s when the gray minivan and truck made contact, and the minivan lost control — rolling into a ravine on the roadside.

According to an Idaho State Police press release, William Desantis, 63 of Tyringham, Massachusetts and Trisha Cedillo, 40 of Nampa, Idaho, were both traveling west on US Highway 20 when they simultaneously attempted to pass a slower moving vehicle. Cedillo’s 2000 Dodge Caravan struck a horse trailer being pulled by Desantis’ 2005 Chevrolet Silverado pickup. This contact caused Cedillo’s van to leave the roadway and roll, eventually coming to rest on its wheels.

Cedillo and her passengers, Katelyn Cedillo, age 15, Quentin Cedillo, age 8, Camilla Cedillo, age 6 were all transported by ground ambulance to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls with non-life threatening injuries. Another passenger in Cedillo’s vehicle, Kathleen Storms, age 63 of Nampa, was transported by LifeFlight to E.I.R.M.C.

Police would not immediately comment on the nature of the minivan passengers’ injuries. A man who identified himself as the father of the minivan’s driver, and the husband of Kathleen Storms, said he believed everyone was going to be fine. He said his wife was able to speak to rescue workers.

The crash happened at 3:15 p.m. Sunday approximately 25 miles west of Idaho Falls.

Only one lane of Highway 20 was open when our crew arrived on the scene just after 4:30 p.m.. Traffic was at a standstill for about a quarter-mile while crews attempted to gather information from the scene.

The highway is now open in both directions.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content