Skip to Content

Utah City Workers, Councilman Rescue 2 From Fire

An American Fork city councilman and four city employees are getting credit for rescuing a woman and her young daughter from a burning house.

Nobody was seriously injured in the fire reported just before noon Monday. American Fork Fire Chief Kriss Garcia tells the Daily Herald of Provo the mother and daughter wouldn’t have been able to escape alive if the five men hadn’t acted quickly.

Four water department employees were repairing a leak Monday morning when they smelled smoke and noticed flames coming from a nearby home.

The city councilman happened to drive by and joined them as they forced their way into the home. They found a woman upstairs who hadn’t heard the fire because the shower was running, and escorted her and the girl to safety.

Information from: The Daily Herald,

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content