Skip to Content

ISU building reopened after search for gas leak

Emergency crews reopened the Physical Sciences Building at Eighth and Carter on the ISU campus after a student reported the scent of gas in the building.

Firemen said one student complained of feeling ill and was treated and released at the scene shortly after 1 pm Tuesday.

Equipment used to detect gas leaks could find no sign of any trouble, but a Hazardous Materials incident team was called in to investigate the scene. Classes in the building were dismissed for the day.

University officials reopened the building at about 5 p.m.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content