A Union Pacific Railroad train is back on track after one of its locomotives caught fire while rolling through the Cheyenne Crossing in Pocatello at 7:10 am Friday.
The Pocatello, Inkom and Pocatello Valley fire departments were called out as the train continued to move southbound. The Pocatello Fire Department said the fire was apparently started when a spark ignited residue on the locomotive’s exhaust system.
Railroad crews had the fire nearly suppressed by the time Pocatello firemen arrived on scene. The train was allowed to continue.