Skip to Content

Rigby High School concessions stand burns

A fire started at a concessions stand at the Rigby High School field Friday evening.

The fire started at a concessions stand set up for the home football game against Preston High School. The stand was next to a shed where the school stores track and field equipment.

Authorities said the fire started at the propane tank and likely ignited because of a leak in the hose from the tank to the cooking equipment. The flames were put out.

No one was hurt, and the cash box was saved. There was minimal damage to the tent. The fire did not get into the storage shed.

The blaze did not affect the game, other than making some fans wonder why they couldn’t enter through one of the gates.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content