Skip to Content

Rupert business burns

A Rupert business burned to the ground following a blaze Tuesday morning.

Officials were called to Snyder’s Surplus Store just after 10 a.m.

Because of a propane tank and a high amount of ammunition and gunpowder in the store, firefighters proceeded with extreme caution.

The fire burned for more than three hours and was contained to the main retail store.

Damage is estimated at around $300,000 dollars.

It is believed the blaze started in the rear northeast corner of the building.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

The owner of the store said he does not have insurance on the store.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content