Skip to Content

Electrical cord blamed for Salmon house fire

Lemhi County Fire Chief Mike Warner said the cause of a fire that destroyed a Salmon home early Tuesday morning was possibly caused by an overheated electrical circuit or extension cord. The cord was running under a wooden deck on the east side of the structure.

Mark and Carmen Stephens of Salmon escaped unharmed after Mrs. Stephens awoke to flames at 4:40 am. The couple fled to a neighbor’s house where they contacted the fire department.

The home is located in the 400 block of Lombard Street.

Warner said there was heavy fire activity along the east wall of the house and deck when firefighters arrived. He said it quickly consumed every room of the house.

Firefighters were on the scene for eight hours before the flames were fully extinguished.

The American Red Cross responded by providing the couple with cash to help pay for shelter, food, clothing and winter jackets.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content