Skip to Content

Family safe after Iona chimney fire

A local family is safe after a chimney fire in Iona Sunday afternoon. The Idaho Falls Fire Department said the fire caused about $30,000 in damages.

Idaho Falls Firefighters responded to the call around 12:00 p.m. Sunday in the 5000 block of East Denning. The family made the call when it noticed smoke coming from the chimney.

Local News 8 talked to the owner of the home, who said his five grandchildren were inside with their parents. The grandchildren were between the ages of 3 to 11.

Fire crews contained the fire. No injuries have been reported.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content