Skip to Content

House burns in Jefferson County

A Jefferson County house is a total loss after it caught fire early Wednesday morning.

Around 2:30 a.m., a paper carrier saw the house on the 100 block of North 4500 East on fire and called 911.

The house is owned by Larry Loftus of Jefferson County, who had been getting ready to rent it out. No one was living there.

The Rigby and Ririe fire departments fought the blaze.

The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office said the fire possibly started from electrical wiring.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content