Skip to Content

Man hospitalized after Island Park fire

An Ashton man was transported to the University of Utah Burn Center after a cabin fire Wednesday in Island Park.

The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office said Monday that Randall Palmerescaped the fire and was found in the passenger side of a pickup parked outside. Most of his clothing had been burned away and he suffered burns over about 80 percent of his body.

Firefighters were called to the fire at 2:50 p.m.

According to reports, Palmer was spraying lacquer in the interior of the cabin. Witnesses saw a spark go off in the home, and the lacquer exploded when someone opened a door.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content