Skip to Content

Lava Hot Springs motel fire injures one

A possible grease fire is being blamed for burning down a cabin at the Ranch Inn Motel and Campground just outside Lava Hot Springs. The fire broke out around 8:30 last night.

The blaze started in a single-story cabin and quickly spread. Investigators say a man was cooking with grease when the fire got out of hand.

Motel Guests and employees were quickly evacuated. Campers jumped into action by grabbing fire hoses to try and stop the flames from spreading to the motel.

“The fire was pretty going by the time we got there because the building
it was in was all wood and old furniture. Everything just caught super fast, basically what we did was keep the flames off the roof. So the hotel doesn’t catch on fire,” said Bre Davis, a camper.

Davis was there to celebrate a family reunion and has visited the Ranch Inn before that.

Remarkably, no one was seriously hurt this fire. Guests returned to the motel after the blaze was out.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content