Be ready to learn more about advertising, sales and marketing in the next year and position yourself for an exciting career!
As an Advertising Specialist with KIFI Local News 8, Telemundo, Local News 8 NOW and localnews8.com you will be working with a variety of local and regional businesses. Our Specialists work in a positive supportive environment and have the opportunity to present with confidence the most dominant marketing vehicles in the Idaho Falls area.
You will start with an existing client base and work to grow that base by helping local businesses succeed and understand the value of advertising on KIFI Local News 8, Telemundo, Local News 8 NOW and localnews8.com.
As a successful candidate for this position you should have excellent customer service skills with an ability to interface with all levels of employees and management. You must have strong oral and written skills with an avid attention to detail. A minimum of 1-2 years of sales experience is preferred. Advertising sales experience is helpful but not required.
As part of our digital sales arm, knowledge of digital retargeting, geo fencing, mobile and desktop advertising is helpful. We believe in recognizing performance and innovation.
We provide a compensation package that rewards a high level of concern for our customers, as well as the ability to develop profitable new advertising and marketing partnerships. We also provide comprehensive training and an excellent benefit package including 401k, paid time off, health and dental plans, etc.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• College degree in communications, sales, marketing, related field, or equivalent.
• One or more years in sales, or equivalent. Experience requires a successful demonstration of the following:
1. Producing immediate, realistic sales results.
2. Excellent telephone skills and a working knowledge of business procedures.
3. Enthusiastic, positive and creative perspective to business approaches and with a commitment to personal growth through continual training.
4. Ability to create and maintain excellent business/client relations with a large variety of clients.
5. Ability to function well under pressure and willing to work irregular hours.
6. A strong performance to achieve TV and Digital sales objective.
7. High energy level and aggressive attitude toward sales.
8. Ability to be detailed, research oriented and proven ability to effectively analyze matters while exercising good judgment.
9. Valid driver’s license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks.
• Ability to conceptualize and implement product marketing strategies and a desire to share expertise to enhance the sales department’s efforts.
• Able to work compatibly with NPG/Local News 8 management and other departments.
• Goal-oriented and self-motivated with proven capability of independently organizing (utilize a time management system), performing work and assuring follow-through.
• Proven ability to handle stress.
• Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
• Consistently work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
• Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
KIFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen, back ground check, an insured car in working order and a valid driver’s license.
When applying for this position, please note your referral source and send a cover letter and resume to:
Linda Gates – Local Sales Manager
KIFI Local News 8
1915 North Yellowstone Highway
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83401
Posting closes when position is filled.