Skip to Content

Family escapes injury from early morning chimney fire

No one was hurt after a chimney fire at 787 S. 45th W. in Idaho Falls early Friday.

Firefighters were called at 4:08 a.m. for report of a structure fire at the home. Firefighters found a fire that extended from a wood stove chimney into the attic. The fire was confined to an area around the chimney.

The family had evacuated the house before firefighters arrived. There were no injuries.

Damage was estimated at $45,000.

The fire prompted firemen to remind homeowners to make sure chimneys are structurally intact and clear of creosote before using them.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content