Skip to Content

Firefighters douse rooftop fire at East Idaho Elite Wrestling

The Idaho Falls Fire Department put out a fire on the roof of East Idaho Elite Wrestling Thursday morning after a broken natural gas pipe ignited.

Firefighters responded to reports of a fire at the building at about 9 a.m. Thursday morning. The fire was found burning around a roof-mounted HVAC unit after a rooftop natural gas line sheared off and ignited. It is suspected that the gas line sheared off due to the snow load on the roof.

The ladder truck was utilized to access the roof and extinguish the fire. Shutting down the natural gas to the building was difficult for firefighters due to a large amount of snow and ice pushing around the gas meter.

The Idaho Falls Fire Department wants to remind the public to make sure their natural gas meters and fire hydrants are clear of snow and debris to help first responders in emergencies.

About $5,000 in damage was done to the building.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content