The National Weather Service offices in Pocatello and Riverton, have issued Winter Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories for Saturday.
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS
EVENING TO 6 PM MST SATURDAY…
* WHAT…Snow and blowing snow expected. Plan on slippery and snow
packed road conditions. In addition, areas of poor visibility
are expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 8 inches, with up
to a foot possible near pass level.
* WHERE…Lava Hot Springs, McCammon, Soda Springs, Montpelier.
This includes Pine Creek Pass on State Highway 31, Georgetown
Summit on US Route 30, and Emigration Pass on State Highway 36.
* WHEN…Snow will begin to pick up after 8 PM this evening and
become heavy after midnight. Snow will linger through much of
the day on Saturday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Winds gusting as high as 30 mph will cause
areas of blowing and drifting snow, especially over mountain
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means periods
of snow and blowing snow will cause primarily travel
difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited
visibilities, and use caution while driving. The latest road
conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Winter Storm Warning:
An Arctic front will bring a fresh round of snow across the west
today into Saturday. Snow continues to fall over Yellowstone and
Jackson Hole and will spread southward tonight across the rest of
Wyoming. Snow will then taper off from north to south on
…WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM MST
* WHAT…Heavy snow and blowing snow occurring. Plan on difficult
travel conditions. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 8 inches,
with localized amounts up to 11 inches in the valley. Snow
accumulations of 10 to 15 inches, with localized amounts up to
19 inches, are expected in the mountains.
* WHERE…Star Valley and Salt River and Wyoming Ranges.
* WHEN…Until 5 PM Saturday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Winds gusting as high as 50 mph over open
areas will cause areas of blowing and drifting snow.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow and blowing snow means severe
winter weather conditions are occurring.
emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are
calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.