Skip to Content
News

Quick response contains Pocatello fire

A propane-fueled “salamander” heater is being blamed for a fire that caused an estimated $30,000 damage to one section of a building at 142 S. 3rd Avenue in Pocatello.

The fire was reported at 9:25 p.m. on Tuesday. The building was unoccupied and no one was injured.

Quick response helped firefighters contain the fire to the Yellow Cab company’s portion of the building.

Officials said a salamander heater is a cylindrical heater that should properly only be used in well-ventilated and unoccupied space.

News Team

Comments

Leave a Reply

Skip to content