Skip to Content

Students back in class at Bonneville High, electrical smoke cleared

UPDATE 2:40p.m.: Students are allowed back to class at Bonneville High School. Fire crews determined an electrical problem existed in a heater causing smoke. The Idaho Falls Fire Department reports the heater was located in the boys’ restroom on the 2nd floor in the southwest corner of the building in the A wing.

Officials said no one was injured.

The school was evacuated for over a half hour. They were sent to Rocky Mountain Middle school while school maintenance personnel and the fire department cleared the smoke.

BHS officials said students will remain in their 5th hour classes for the remainder of the day.


Bonneville High School students have been evacuated from the building to Rocky Mountain Middle School.

There are reports of the smell of electrical smoke.

Officials are investigating the west side of the building.

BHS officials report students and staff are safe and ask parents do not come to the school.

Follow Local News 8 and KIDK Eyewitness News 3 for more details.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content