Skip to Content

Grease fire starts while man cooks French fries

A grease fire started in a kitchen in the 500 block of East Alameda Road while a man was cooking French fries around 1 a.m. Thursday.

Pocatello Police officers evacuated all occupants, and Pocatello Fire Department firefighters were able to extinguish the fire.

Officials report the kitchen sustained fire damage, and there was smoke damage throughout the apartment.

According to firefighters, a unit above the apartment also sustained smoke damage.

Officials estimate the fire caused about $10,000 of damages.

One occupant suffered minor burns to his hand.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content