Skip to Content

House fire near Old Town Pocatello

Firefighters responded to a house fire near Old Town Pocatello on Friday.

The fire started around 3:10 p.m. in the garage of a house on Mattwood Dr., which is off South Main St. South of Downtown Pocatello. The flames then spread to the house itself.

As of 3:30 p.m., firefighters had the fire mostly out and with no injuries to report. The cause of the fire is believed to have come from a gasoline fire while working on a lawnmower.

No word yet on how much damage the fire caused.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content