Skip to Content

Firefighters douse Pocatello fire

Two Pocatello fire engines were dispatched to Pacific Recycling Monday when a pile of recycling material storied outside the facility caught on fire.

According to reports, the fire started when a crane moving scrap metal dropped it on the ground. Sparks caught a nearby pile of appliances on fire.

Firefighters separated the pile and put out the fire within an hour. The road in front of the business was closed for about half-an-hour.

The business will be closed for the rest of the day. There were no injuries reported.

Article Topic Follows: News
Author Profile Photo

News Team

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content