Skip to Content

Fire destroys home in Challis Friday Night

UPDATE 12/15/18 4:14 P.M.: The Challis Fire Department and Challis Ambulance responded to a house fire at 1101 Pleasant Ave at 9:27 p.m.

Challis fire volunteers were able to protect nearby buildings and stop the fire from getting into the garage on the fire.

They also prevented an explosion from a propane tank in the back of the house.

No one was hurt in the fire, however the occupants two dogs did not survive.

ORIGINAL STORY: Fire crews worked to contain a house fire in Challis Friday night.

Video and pictures from viewer Adam Bloxham showed a home fully engulfed in flames.

The home is located on the 1100 block of Pleasant Ave.

We have no information on the cause or if there were any injuries. We’ll update this story as more information is released.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content