The Idaho Transportation Department is hosting open house meetings at each of its regional headquarter buildings Tuesday.
The department is seeking public input on its long-range transportation plan.
The plan outlines its statewide priorities. Some of the department’s specific goals include reducing highway fatality rates, improving mobility during the winter season, and sustaining 80% of all state highways and bridges in good condition.
The plan also reviews potential funding resources and shortfalls. It also reviews how the state will go about planning, developing, constructing and maintaining the transportation system.
The plan outlines how ITD will evaluate everything from overall costs and revenue to environmental concerns.
You can see the planning document here.
The public meetings are scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the following locations:
– District 1: Coeur d’Alene, 600 W. Prairie Avenue
– District 2: Lewiston, 2600 Frontage Road
– District 3 at ITD Headquarters: Boise, 3311 W. State Street
– District 4: Shoshone, 215 South Date Street
– District 5: Pocatello, 5151 South 5th Avenue
– District 6: Rigby, 206 North Yellowstone
Public comments will be accepted through April 10.