Skip to Content

Boy hospitalized after accidental strangulation on slide

Police say a 5-year-old Utah boy suffered critical injuries when he was accidentally strangled by a jump rope while playing on a backyard playset.

KUTV reports the child was flown to a hospital Tuesday night after his neck got caught in a jump rope that was entangled in the play equipment.

Lehi Fire Chief Shad Hatfield says the rope tightened around his neck as he slid down a slide. It wasn’t immediately clear how long the boy’s neck was constricted.

Hatfield says the boy’s parents were at the scene when crews arrived.

Article Topic Follows: News
Author Profile Photo

News Team

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content