With a dry and windy forecast, the National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a Red Flag Warning, due to an increased risk of fire danger.
RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM TO 9 PM MDT SATURDAY FOR
GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES
410 AND 427…
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a Red Flag
Warning for gusty winds and low relative humidity, which is in
effect from 3 PM to 9 PM MDT Saturday. The Fire Weather Watch is
no longer in effect.
* AFFECTED AREA…Fire Weather Zone 410 covering the Upper Snake
River Valley and Idaho Falls BLM, and Fire Weather Zone 427
covering Goose Creek, Raft River Valley, Southern Sawtooth
National Forest, and Twin Falls BLM south of the Snake River.
* WINDS…West 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY…12 to 17 percent.
* IMPACTS…Once a fire starts, fast fire spread rates and high
intensity fires are likely to result.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly based on any one or more
of these criteria for Southeastern Idaho:
* Relative humidity at or below 15 percent and wind gusts of at
least 25 mph in the mountains, or 30 mph in the Snake Plain.
* Thunderstorm coverage of 25 percent, without specific rainfall
* Other high impact events deemed critical by the National
Weather Service and area fire management agencies.