Skip to Content

Attic fire prompts fire department advice

Idaho Falls firefighters responded to an attic fire in the 400 block of 9th Street at 3:20 p.m. Tuesday.

A fire was burning in the attic of a single-family home. The one adult inside was safely evacuated.

There were no injuries as firefighters quickly “knocked down” the fire and kept it from spreading to nearby homes in the neighborhood.

The exact cause of the fire is under investigation. However, Fire Department officials used the occasion to remind homeowners to make sure chimneys are well cleaned and inspected before firing up wood stoves or fireplaces.

Article Topic Follows: News
Author Profile Photo

News Team

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content