Skip to Content

Investigators believe space heater started RV fire that killed Summerdale man


Click here for updates on this story

    SUMMERDALE, AL (WALA) — Summerdale Police said a man died in an RV fire Monday morning, and investigators believe a space heater is to blame.

Firefighters from Summerdale, Foley, and Robertsdale were called to the scene on County Road 32 near the Beach Express around 1 a.m. They found the small, older RV engulfed with flames.

After putting the fire out, crews found a body inside. The Summerdale Police Department said it believes it knows who the victim is, but the family has not been notified of his death.

The State Fire Marshal said the possible cause of the fire was a space heater being placed too close to the bed.

Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.

Article Topic Follows: National-World

Jump to comments ↓



KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content