Beware of scammers targeting Idaho Power customers
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI) - On Utility Scam Awareness Day, recognized Nov. 16 each year, Idaho Power reminds customers to stay vigilant of scams year-round but especially as the holidays approach.
The busiest shopping time of the year is often the busiest time for consumer scams, including those involving Idaho Power.
Description automatically generatedIf you ever question the authenticity of a communication or anyone representing Idaho Power, do not divulge personal information or provide payment. Call Idaho Power’s Customer Care Team at 208-388-2323, or 1-800-488-6151 outside the Treasure Valley.
Be aware of these common scams. Idaho Power NEVER:
- Demands immediate payment over the phone
- Requires a payment for a defective meter
- Asks for same-day payment via pre-paid cards, such as the Green Dot MoneyPak
- Accepts pre-paid cards, like Visa or Green Dot
- Asks customers to pay using Bitcoin or QR codes
For more information on scams, visit idahopower.com/scams.