BOISE, Idaho (KIFI) – Six members of Idaho’s high school Class of 2021 have been selected as semifinalists for the U.S. Presidential Scholars program.
Idaho’s semifinalists, selected from 65 candidates from across the state, are:
- Maria Jose Aguiar, Coeur D Alene – Coeur d'Alene Charter Academy
- Korbin Aydin Hansen, Boise – Timberline High School
- Katherine E. Hebdon, Nampa – Skyview High School
- Jaston B. McClure, Moscow – Moscow High School
- Oam Patel, Mountain Home – Mountain Home High School
- Elena Yang, Meridian – Centennial High School
“Selection as semifinalists for this prestigious national recognition program is a great honor, and I congratulate these six students, their families and their schools on this accomplishment,” Superintendent of Public Instruction Sherri Ybarra said. “The national Presidential Scholars program honors graduating seniors who have demonstrated scholarship, leadership and service to their schools and communities.”
Finalists will be announced in May. The U.S. Presidential Scholars Program was established in 1964, by executive order of the President, to recognize and honor some of our nation's most distinguished graduating high school seniors who score exceptionally well on either the SAT or the ACT of the American College Testing Program.