IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI) - The Idaho Falls Zoo will open for the 2022 season on Wednesday, April 13.
Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
Admission is as follows:
- Adults (age 13-61): $8.00
- Seniors (age 62 and over): $6.50
- Children (age 3-12): $5.00
- Toddler and Infants (age 2 and under): $0.50
- Military Rate (must show valid military ID prior to purchase): $6.00
- Zoo Members (must show valid proof of membership and photo ID) : Free
All prices include a $0.50 conservation fee. Tax will be applied at checkout.
The zoo accepts cash, VISA, MasterCard and Discover, and parking is free.
On Saturday, April 9, the zoo will host the annual Clean-up Day from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. You can view more on how to volunteer to help HERE.
A few things to look forward to this season:
- Eloise, the Amur tiger who arrived late last year, is ready to meet her adoring public. She’s in her outdoor exhibit and loving her new home
- Red panda cubs Paprika and Saffron have grown so much and get more playful all the time
- There are two new members of the zoo family!
- Jagger the male sloth bar cub. He was born to mom, Priya and dad, Mick the week before Thanksgiving. He’s adorable! Be sure to swing by his habitat to see if you can get a peek at him riding on mom’s back (a trait unique to sloth bears). He’s the sixth cub born to our happy sloth bear couple.
- Ron (as in Weasley), a red-flanked duiker fawn (which is a species of tiny antelope from Africa) was born just after Christmas. This is the second fawn born to proud parents Ruby and Rufus.
The zoo is located at 2725 Carnival Way Idaho Falls, ID 83402.