IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI) – The Idaho Commission on the Arts endeavors to provide quality experiences in the arts for all Idahoans. In service of this mission the Commission provides financial support through grants to professional artists, arts educators and arts administrators.
The Arts Commission is now accepting applications for all annual grants including Entry Track, Public Programs in the Arts, Arts Education Projects, Traditional Arts Apprenticeships and Fellowships in Visual Arts and Folk & Traditional Arts.
Interested artists and organizations can find detailed descriptions and guidelines for applying at arts.idaho.gov/grants/. Applications are due by Jan. 31, 2024.
- ENTRY TRACK grants support public programs in the arts delivered by Idaho’s arts organizations.
- PUBLIC PROGRAMS IN THE ARTS grants support Idaho’s established arts organizations by assisting them in business stabilization.
- ARTS EDUCATION PROJECTS grants support activities that unite effective practices in education and in the arts, enriching teaching and learning opportunities for K-12 students.
- TRADITIONAL ARTS APPRENTICESHIPS support a learning partnership between a recognized mentor artist and one or more qualified apprentices to continue artistic traditions of a shared cultural heritage.
- FELLOWSHIPS IN VISUAL ARTS recognize Idaho artists whose work demonstrates a commitment to sustained exploration of their art form and engagement with contemporary practices. This category encompasses disciplines such as painting, sculpture, photography, ceramics, or other art forms that are primarily visual.
- FELLOWSHIPS IN FOLK & TRADITIONAL ARTS recognize the exemplary quality of Idaho’s tradition bearers. Their body of work and lifetime of commitment to their community’s creative expressions contribute to our state’s cultural heritage.