BONNEVILLE COUNTY, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - The Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office would like to remind you that as of last week, a number of backcountry roads are now closed for the winter.
This is a yearly occurrence in the backcountry as many roads are groomed for winter recreation use only and not plowed or maintained for vehicle traffic.
The following areas are part of the winter road closure in Bonneville County:
- Kepps Crossing and Eagles Pass
- Bone Road and Blackfoot Reservoir Road beyond the Snowmobile parking lots
- Foothill Road between 85th E. and 115th E.
- Johnson Road from 101st N. to the Blacktail Road
- Bear Creek
- Meadow Creek
- Fall Creek
- Snake River Road from Vanoy Dugway to Indian Creek
Every year deputies encounter vehicles that drive past the road closed signs and cause damage to the groomed trail system or get stuck.
Remember that road closed signs are put up for a reason, and those who ignore them and travel beyond are subject to possible citations under state law or county ordinance and potentially incur the extensive costs for retrieval of your vehicle.
If you see anyone traveling in a vehicle on a closed road immediately report it to dispatch at 208-529-1200.