BOISE, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - The artwork of a Bonneville County fifth-grader has been selected for top honors in the State Department of Education's Holiday Card contest.
Lily Wayment of American Heritage Charter School was one of over 700 kindergarten through sixth-grade students who participated in the contest this year.
"The bright colors, imagination and joy of Idaho's young students make this contest a highlight of our year at the State Department of Education," Superintendent of Public Instruction Sherri Ybarra said. "It's also a very challenging process to narrow it down to one winner per grade. The creativity and holiday spirit of the entries are remarkable."
Lily was also the overall winner in the fifth grade. Others selected were:
- Kindergarten: Analia Lopez, Wilder Elementary School, Wilder School District.
- First grade: Brinnley Bauer, Wilder Elementary.
- Second grade: Yareli Partida, Aberdeen Elementary School, Aberdeen School District.
- Third grade: Kaelynn Simmons, Whitman Elementary, Lewiston Independent School District.
- Fourth Grade: Elle Walker, McSorley Elementary, Lewiston Independent School District.
- Sixth Grade: Kylie McKee-Powell, North Star Charter School.