Anonymous donation received after ‘Bright Star’ canceled

200305-bright-star-reh-639
Eric Gordon, ISU Photographer
Cast members of "Bright Star" bid farewell to their audience during the curtain call of one of their recent performances.

POCATELLO, Idaho (KIFI/KDIK) – In the face of many event closures, the Idaho State University School of Performing Arts had some positive news to report: an “anonymous loyal theatre supporter” has donated $10,000 to make up for the monetary loss from the cancelation of the musical “Bright Star.”

“The anonymous donor wants ISU theatre students to know that ‘the community values them and what they do is important,’” said Meg Stover, School of Performing Arts business and promotion manager,

In line with ISU’s announced cancellation policy, other School of Performing Arts events scheduled this spring have been canceled. Those include the production of “The Wolves,” the One-Act Festival and the 10-Minute Play Festival. All music events are also canceled or postponed, including The Portneuf Chamber Concert Series, the Trombone Festival and Jazz Ensemble. 

The School of Performing Arts appreciates patrons who choose to consider their pre-purchased tickets a donation to the program, Stover said. If that is not a feasible option, patrons can exchange their tickets for a voucher, good for a future ISU show.

The School of Performing Arts will also refund tickets as needed.

Article Topic Follows: Coronavirus Coverage

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.