Skip to Content

Teton City Man Survives Early Morning Home Explosion

A Teton City man escaped a home explosion mostly unhurt early Thursday morning.

The South Fremont Fire District said the homeowner, Tim Mower, escaped the blast at about 1:20 a.m.

The mobile home is at 19 N. 2400 East, near the intersection of Idaho Highway 33 and the Teton Highway.

Fremont County Sheriff’s deputies arrived shortly before 1:30 a.m. to find Mower coming from the back of the home. He was the only one inside.

He said he had been asleep on the couch in the living room and woke up to complete blackness and debris on top of him. He managed to crawl his way to the back of the home, kicked out a door and emerged with only a few scratches on his back.

South Fremont Fire District Chief Chris Hill said it appears the blast was caused by a build-up of propane gas ignited by a wood stove. A formal investigation by the state fire marshal was conducted Thursday morning.

Hill said the incident is a reminder to all homeowners to install carbon monoxide detectors and always get out if you smell gas in your home.

Mower did not have insurance on the home.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content