SOUTHEAST IDAHO (KIFI/KIDK) - Southeastern Idaho Public Health has confirmed three deaths associated with COVID-19 in southeast Idaho.
All three deaths occurred in Bingham County residents.
One was a female in her 80’s, and the other two were both males in their 80’s.
This brings the total to 45 deaths due to COVID-19 in southeast Idaho.
Out of respect to these individuals’ families, no additional details will be released.
Eastern Idaho Public Health has reported 48 deaths in its health district.
As of Tuesday, there are 585 total recorded deaths in the state.
State officials say deaths by age group breaks down as follows:
- 1 person died between the ages of 18 and 29
- 4 people died between the ages of 30 and 39
- 13 people died between the ages of 40 to 49
- 22 people who died were between the ages of 50 to 59
- 81 people were between the ages of 60 and 69
- 148 people were between the ages of 70 and 79
- 316 people were 80+
94.63% of deaths with known race were White. 0.69% of deaths with known race were Asian. 0.87% of deaths with known race were Black or African American, 1.73% American Indian/Alaska Native and 2.08% were "Other race/multiple races." The race category for 8 death is pending.
86.48% of deaths with known race were Non-Hispanic. 13.52% of deaths with known ethnicity were Hispanic. The ethnicity for 8 death is pending.