Skip to Content

Chimney catches fire causing minimal damage

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI) – If you saw smoke Thursday morning near Tautphaus Park in Idaho Falls, that's because a chimney caught fire inside a home.

It happened on the corner of S Boulevard and Bremer Drive.

Fire crews say it caught fire because of existing build up of soot and ash.

The fire and smoke were contained to the chimney, so there is no extensive damage to the home, and no one was injured.

Article Topic Follows: Idaho Falls

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

Kailey Galaviz

Kailey is a morning anchor and reporter for Local News 8 and Eyewitness News 3


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content