IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK)-Fire caused about $20,000 damage to an outbuilding near the Idaho Falls Airport at around 12:45 p.m. Monday.
The Idaho Falls Fire Department was called to 4100 N. 26th West. In addition to the outbuilding, the fire damaged a pickup truck, tools, and piles of wood that were inside the building.
A home, two recreational vehicles, and farm equipment was threatened by the fire, but firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before it reached that equipment.
IFFD says right now they suspect the fire was caused by a faulty chimney from a wood stove.
“Anytime you're using a wood stove, you want to make sure you inspect the chimney, the piping and make sure everything is serviceable condition. People can do this themselves just to make sure all the piping is connected, hasn't been damaged or dislodge," said Chief Battalion, Lance Johnson.
Johnson recommends getting your chimney inspected every year.