Gusty winds and more snow
WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 11 PM WEDNESDAY
- WHAT…Moderate to heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 11 inches, except 6 to 19 inches on ridge tops and elevations above passes. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph especially for the ridge tops. Blowing and drifting of snow is expected.
- WHERE…Emigration Summit, Wayan, Pine Creek Pass, and Swan Valley.
- WHEN…From 11 PM this evening to 11 PM MST Wednesday.
- IMPACTS…Travel will be very difficult to impossible at times. Patchy blowing snow will significantly reduce visibility. Brief white out conditions are likely, especially for higher elevations. The hazardous conditions will impact the morning commute. Gusty winds could bring down tree branches and will bring blowing and drifting of snow.
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 5 PM MST WEDNESDAY…
- WHAT…Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of up to 6 inches. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph. Blowing and drifting snow is expected.
- WHERE…Including the cities of Shoshone, Burley Carey, Mud Lake, INL, Craters of the Moon, Idaho Falls, Rexburg, St. Anthony, Pocatello, Blackfoot, American Falls, Fort Hall, McCammon, Lava Hot Springs, Malad, Preston, Montpelier, Soda Springs, Wayan, Swan Valley, Victor, Ashton, Tetonia, Driggs, and Island Park.
- WHEN…From 11 PM this evening to 5 PM MST Wednesday.
- IMPACTS…Plan on slippery and hazardous road conditions. Patchy blowing snow will significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous conditions will impact the morning commute. Gusty winds could bring down tree branches and cause blowing and drifting of snow.
Slow down and use caution if traveling. Reschedule travel plans if possible. Travel with an emergency kit.