We have smoke and haze with us tonight, with a few isolated thunderstorms. We’ll pick up on more thunderstorms for Thursday and Friday, as an area of low pressure moves out of Canada.
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, partly to mostly cloudy in the afternoon. A high in the lower 90’s for the Snake River Plain. Winds 5 to 10 mph in the morning, becoming southwest 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
Mostly cloudy with showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after noon. A high in the lower to mid 80’s. Gusty winds at 10-25 mph.
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a Red Flag Warning for gusty winds and low relative humidity, which is in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Thursday.
- AFFECTED AREA…Fire Weather Zone 475 East Salmon River Mountains/Salmon NF and Fire Weather Zone 476 Lemhi and Lost River Range/Challis NF.
- TIMING…Noon Thursday to 9 pm Thursday evening.
- WINDS…West 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY…14 to 19 percent.
- THUNDERSTORMS…Scattered thunderstorms for zone 476.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly based on these criteria for Southeastern Idaho:
- Relative humidity at or below 15 percent and wind gusts of at least 25 mph in the mountains, or 30 mph in the Snake Plain.
- Thunderstorm coverage of 25 percent, without specific rainfall