Skip to Content

Man jumps from second story to escape townhouse fire

<i>WSMV</i><br/>A townhouse was left heavily damaged after catching fire early Friday morning in Antioch.
WSMV
A townhouse was left heavily damaged after catching fire early Friday morning in Antioch.

By Tony Garcia and Joylyn Bukovac

Click here for updates on this story

    ANTIOCH, Tennessee (WSMV) — A townhouse was left heavily damaged after catching fire early Friday morning in Antioch.

Nashville Fire crews were called to the Lenox Creekside townhomes off Nolensville Pike around 2:30 a.m. and found several floors on fire and smoke billowing from one of the townhomes. A man was transported to the hospital for an ankle injury after jumping from the second story to escape the flames. Others also received treatment for smoke inhalation.

NFD said the townhome was without power at the time and may have started because propane tanks were being used to provide heat. Firefighters reported hearing popping from inside the home during the fire.

Neighboring townhouses were evacuated as a precaution but firefighters were able to contain the fire to just one unit. One of the residents of the townhouse that caught fire reportedly alerted neighbors before fleeing the scene. NFD has not been able to locate that person.

The burned residence sustained heavy damage to the roof, which was completely destroyed. No sprinkler system exists in these townhomes, which led to the fire spreading quickly through the floors.

NFD also reported several pets unaccounted for during the evacuation. Red Cross personnel was at the scene to assist the affected residents.

Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.

Article Topic Follows: CNN - Regional

Jump to comments ↓

CNN Newsource

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content