Skip to Content

German shepherd wakes Wyoming man in mobile home fire

A Wyoming man escaped from his burning mobile home thanks to his 5-month-old German shepherd, which woke him by jumping on him.

Reynaldo “Rey” Adame, of Powell, said when he was woken up at 6:55 a.m. Tuesday he found flames licking underneath the couch he was on.

Adame told the Powell Tribune that his mobile home was full of smoke, so he fled outside, barefoot, into the sub-zero cold.

When he opened the door, the fire exploded, forcing him to close the door before his dog, Blue, could escape.

He reopened the door but couldn’t see his dog, so he ran to the rear of the home and forced that door open. A terrified Blue jumped out.

Adame was hospitalized for a day for smoke inhalation.

The Powell Tribune reports the Catholic Church provided money for Adame to stay in a motel room in Powell until he gets back on his feet, but Blue can’t stay there and is currently at the City of Powell/Moyer Animal Shelter.

If you can help provide Blue a temporary home or help Adame get back on his feet, call his sister Maria Adame at 307-254-8247.

The Powell Tribune reports Adame is in need of clothing — along with grooming supplies, food and other necessities. He wears a size large jacket, medium in shirts, 32×30 pants, and his shoe size is 9.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content