Skip to Content
News

Thousands of people without power in Idaho Falls

A power pole fire has thousands of Idaho Falls Power customers without power Sunday night.

The Idaho Falls Fire Department responded to the power pole fire at Milligan Road in Snake River Landing. The city of Idaho Falls said that the fire was caused by electrical arcing. The fire burned a main transition switch.

The Idaho Falls Police Department has closed off Milligan Road. They are asking everyone to avoid the area.

Nearly 10,000 customers are without power.

Crews are working to repair the line. There is no estimated time for power to be back.

News Team

Comments

Leave a Reply