Skip to Content
News

Residents told to ‘stay indoors’ as a precaution after an unused gas line ruptures in Pocatello

Residents told to 'stay indoors' as a precaution after an unused gas line ruptures in Pocatello
KIFI/KIDK

POCATELLO, Idaho (KIFI/KIDK) - An incident in Bannock County prompted fire officials to tell residents to stay inside their homes Thursday.

A gas line broke on Monte Vista Drive in Pocatello around 8:30 a.m.

Pocatello Fire Dept. tells us crews from the Pocatello Water Dept. were working on a pipe when they accidentally punctured a gas line.

The line has been dormant for years but fire officials told residents to stay in their homes as a precaution.

Crews from Intermountain Gas arrived shortly after to help resolve the break.

Idaho / Local News / Pocatello / Top Stories
Brady Halbleib

Brady Halbleib

Brady is a reporter for Local News 8 and KIDK Eyewitness News 3.

Comments

Leave a Reply