Skip to Content

Fort Hall house considered total loss after fire

Fort Hall Fire

FORT HALL, Idaho (KIFI) – At 11:51 a.m. Tuesday, the Fort Hall Fire Department responded to a house fire on Johnson Road in the Gibson District of the Fort Hall Reservation.

“The owner and his wife were in town at the time of the fire. It is believed that the fire started in the chimney chase due to a cracked chimney liner, then spread to the inside of the residence," Fire Chief Eric King said.

Blackfoot Fire assisted with the house fire. High winds made it difficult to suppress the fire. It took crews from both Fort Hall and Blackfoot Fire approximately forty-five minutes to knock the fire down. Crews cleared the scene at approximately 2:30 p.m.

It has been determined the house is a total loss. There were no injuries to people, animals or firefighters.

No further information was provided.

Article Topic Follows: Idaho

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

News Team


KIFI Local News 8 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content